Sunday, April 28, 2013

He Makes All Things New


Thank you so much for your prayers this past month. You are such a blessing to me! I want to start off by telling you how God answered your prayers. 


I asked for prayer as I prepared and spoke to the L.I.F.E. Class at my church about chronic illness and Broken but Priceless Ministries. I can't even begin to tell you all of the ways that God answered those prayers! He helped me condense the many things I wanted to share. He gave me the ability to share God's heart, my heart, for the chronically ill. It was a blessing to be used by God and in turn I have been incredibly blessed by those who were in the class. "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears (Psalm 34:3-4)."

I also asked you to pray for the mission strategy meetings that I have been a part of. God has given us unity and direction. We are not done meeting, but we are off to a great start. I ask for your continued prayers for this. God has given me clarity of thought and the ability to concentrate for longer chunks of time at these meetings; it's an answer to prayer!

District Conference was excellent. As expected it was a whirlwind. However, it was also a blessing. I was in quite a bit of pain the one night I was there and didn't sleep well but my carpool was kind enough to let me stretch out in the back on the way home and get some sleep. I think that God is up to something in the Western Great Lakes District and I can't wait to see what He has for our futures. 

God has been helping me prioritize, though this is something that I struggle with when I'm not feeling well. Pray that I will be able to write Wednesday's blog post (for BPM). I had time and attempted to write it today, but I wasn't able to. I'm waiting on God and asking Him to give me the words that He wants to share with the world of the chronically ill. 

I have been sleeping well at night, though it is still a challenge to get up in the mornings. Please continue to pray for refreshing sleep and the ability to do God's work in God's strength throughout the day. 

As you can see, God is answering our prayers! Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer. Have I mentioned that you are a blessing to me?!

Lately God has been laying on my heart a desire to sing songs to Him instead of about Him. He is so worthy of our praise and worship. 

God has been doing some pretty amazing things through Broken but Priceless Ministries. Our Facebook Page is growing by leaps and bounds and Erin and I are finding a rhythm to our posting there. One thing that has been really neat is that God is allowing me to use my photography on BPM. My photographs are now on our website and we post a couple of photos on our Facebook Page each week that I add a Scripture or a quote to. Erin and I have just last week started putting our own quotes onto photos. This is a strange feeling for both of us, but we feel like it is something that God wants us to do. He has given us the ability to write and He's using that to bless others and, I pray, draw them to Himself. 

As May comes I have my three month check up with my rheumatologist to see how I'm doing on the Paleo diet. Pray for wisdom as we determine if I can stay off the Methotrexate or if I should go back on it. I am also really looking forward to going to the mountains near Vale, Colorado on vacation with my parents. We will be going the end of May/beginning of June so I'll get to spend my birthday there. Please pray for good health so that I can enjoy this trip! 

I hope that you are now all experiencing Spring! Here in western Wisconsin we have finally felt warm temperatures and it is magnificent!

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." ~Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: