
Hi friends!
Well, it is about that time again. Time to write to you and fill you in on my life as of the last month. It has been a good month. I have been keeping busy as usual. The birthday parties still haven't ended - one more tonight, another one next week and then one or two more later in November! It is fun to gather with friends and celebrate them.
Classes are going well. I finally feel somewhat caught up this week. Last week was Fall Break and I was able to catch up on homework as well as relax a lot and spend time with friends. We went to the South Carolina State Fair which was a convenient 10 or 15 minutes from campus. This is only the second state fair I have ever been to and it was lots of fun. We ate good food (I got cotton candy - yea!) and we got to go to the Casting Crowns concert that night. It was held in the grandstands at the fair and was amazing. I felt more like I was in a church service than a concert. It was encouraging and the music was great!
What else have I been up to? We had something called Formal Open Dorms a couple of weeks ago. That was fun. We all get together and decorate the guys dorms. Their sister floors come over and they really go all out. This years theme was "classic board games". The grad/seminary students did Risk - the game of world domination! Some of the other floors were Life, Mousetrap and Clue. For our hall we decorated each room as a different continent. We decorated the hall as if they were walking through the ocean. Then we had actors in each room who were dressed up as people from that continent. As teams came in, they actually played the game in each room. I was the actor in the North America room and was a soldier! Yes, I was all decked out in camo and got to yell at people as they came in. It was a lot of fun! Our hall didn't win, but we declared ourselves third place winners!
Besides that I have been registering for classes for next semester and planning for my trip to North Africa this summer. This week we are doing round one of applications. Please be in prayer with me for these next couple of weeks. They will be a crucial time in developing our team and determining who will be a part of it or not. None of us are "in" for sure yet and are all seeking the Lord and His will for each of our lives and the team.
I pray you are all doing well. I would love to hear from you - what have you been up to lately? Until next time...
2 comments:
Hi Josie:
I enjoy reading your blog updates! I'm glad to know that you are being stretched and challenged while still enjoying creation and relationships with others! That is what life is all about! I'm excited to hear of your possible ministry in Africa!!! WOW! Keep on keeping on. Remember, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (that's how I made it through Chemotherapy!). Lord, thanks for Josie, for the heart you've given her for ministry. Please help her to continue in her times alone with you. Please help her to retain the information she is learning and more importantly that it would become a part of who she is. Thanks Lord that you are God all over the world to all who believe and trust in you for salvation, hope, joy, peace and comfort. We love you Lord. Amen.
Brenda Allingham
It sounds like the Open Dorm event was fun. I'm so glad you're making lots of friends there. I will be praying that you find God's will for your summer plans. I have some major God's-will-seeking to do, too. But that's eNOWF about me... have a great time at all those birthday parties!!
Post a Comment